18th March 2021
As you will be aware, the PE department have had to make significant adjustments to the PE curriculum and arrangements for PE kit throughout the Coronavirus pandemic. I have been incredibly impressed with how well students have coped with the ‘new normal’ and shown resilience in maintaining their very positive and enthusiastic approach to PE as a subject. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your ongoing support and understanding within these disruptive times.
As a PE Department and school, we are following Government guidelines and advice from the National Governing Bodies of individual sports alongside the association for Physical Education (afPE). We are now in a position to make a phased return to our usual curriculum.
PE lessons up until Easter Holidays
- Students will continue to bring trainers for PE lessons
- For indoor lessons, these trainers need to be free of mud so that indoor areas are kept clean and tidy
PE lessons after Easter Holidays
- In order to continue to reduce the likeliness of transmission in PE areas, the changing rooms will still to be out of use
- Students must come into school in their full PE kit on the days of their timetabled PE lessons.
- As you are aware, we are very proud of the excellent standards of appearance of our students. Students must therefore adhere to the following expectations for coming into school in PE kit:
|Cardinal Hume purple polo shirt||Cardinal Hume purple polo shirt|
|Plain black sports leggings or plain black shorts||Plain black shorts (no big logos or football badges)|
|Sports socks||Sports socks|
|Sports trainers||Sports trainers|
|To ensure that students keep warm throughout the school day, students are also able to wear:
· The Cardinal Hume ¼ zip training top (www.impackapparel.com)
· A plain black or white base layer underneath the school purple polo shirt.
· Plain black tracksuit bottoms (not joggers) worn on top of shorts. Students will not be able to wear them within PE lessons.
Please note, that no alternative items are allowed to be worn in the school building.
- Students must still attend school in PE kit in instances where they have been given permission from their PE teacher to be excused from the physical activity parts of PE lessons. Students still have a role to play in every lesson whether it is of a coach, referee, performance analysis or timekeeper. There will be individual cases where the wearing of PE kit is not possible.
- Face masks are not required to be worn in PE lessons
In-line with our school uniform policy, students will receive punishments if their PE kit does not match the expectations as outlined above. Parents/guardians should check that students have all the items that they require with urgency. Please visit www.impackapparel.com and select the ‘shop’ tab to order any items that are required.
Miss R. Winchester
Leader of Performance Faculty