Dear Parents and Carers,
You may already be aware of the instruction from government on the evening of 17th December that schools should move to remote learning for the first week of January 2021 for most pupils. This is to allow for lateral flow COVID testing to be carried out in schools across the country.
Based on the available advice, information and guidance we have received, we have had to make changes to the arrangements for the start of 2021:
- Monday 4th January will now be a staff preparation day to allow for the delivery of COVID test kits, site organisation and the necessary training required for the administering of these tests.
- On Monday 4th January, remote independent learning resources will be available for all pupils to allow them to study at home.
- Years 11 and 13 will attend school as normal from Tuesday 5th January.
- The children of key workers are welcome to attend school as normal from Tuesday 5th January. If your son or daughter is in Year 7, 8, 9, 10 or 12 and you would like them to attend school from 5th January, please inform the school office by email by 12 noon on Tuesday 22nd December. Please provide the following information: name, year/tutor group and the dates they will attend school from 5th – 8th January, as well as your occupation and place of work. Please write the words KEY WORKER in the subject of the e-mail.
- Vulnerable children should attend school as normal from Tuesday 5th January. Families of vulnerable children will be contacted on Monday 4th January.
- External vocational examinations for Year 10-13 students will go ahead as scheduled from 11th January. Please see the link to the timetable below.
- Years 10 and 12 with external examinations w/c 11th January will come to school for subject-specific exam preparation and study days. Please see the following schedule:
|Year 12 Health & Social Care||Thursday 7th January||8.45am-3.15pm|
|Year 12 Sport||Friday 8th January||8.45am-2.35pm|
|Year 10 Health & Social Care||Friday 8th January||8.45am-2.35pm|
- Year 10 internal examinations have been moved back one week and will begin on 11th January. Please see the link to the timetable below.
- Other than when they are in school for the study days mentioned above, all Year 10 and 12 students should access their learning remotely, via the school website.
- Years 7-9 pupils will access their learning remotely from Tuesday 5th January, via the school website.
- If your son or daughter is entitled to a free school meal and you would like the school to provide a meal each day, please e-mail the school by 22nd December at 12 noon. Please write the words SCHOOL MEAL in the subject of the email.
- If your son or daughter will be unable to access an IT device for any reason from 5th January, please email the school before 4th January 2021. Please write the words IT SUPPORT in the subject of the email.
The email address for all correspondence is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Examination timetables are available on the website: https://www.cardinalhume.com/student-information/examinations/
Normal face-to-face teaching will resume for all pupils on 11th January.
I would like to thank you for your support, patience and understanding. I wish you all a peaceful, safe and happy Christmas. You remain in our thoughts and prayers.
Mr. B. Robson