Re: Year 7 Northumberland Ecology Trip
Wednesday 17th July 2019
As part of activities week in the summer term the Science Department have organised a trip to the Northumberland Coast where students will take part in ecological investigations. The trip will include a boat trip with Billy Shiel’s around the Farne Islands, home to grey seals and 23 species of seabirds. Students will also take part in their own independent investigation of species numbers and distribution for a coastal environment in Seahouses. This fieldwork offers students a chance to explore scientific ideas in a variety of natural environments and apply their knowledge of biology outside of the classroom.
As students will be taking part in a range of outdoor activities they will need to bring the following:
- Waterproof jacket
- Suitable footwear
- Waterproof overtrousers (optional)
- Warm clothes that you can layer up
- Spare clothes to change into (e.g. dry socks)
- Packed lunch / large bottle of water
- Medications/sun protection cream (including inhalers if asthmatic)
- Pen/Pencil/Ruler/Calculator/Notebook/Clipboard if possible
Students will be transported to and from all locations by coach and we will aim to return to school by 3:15pm. We will depart at 8:45am prompt. The cost for this trip will be £18 per person.
If your child is interested in attending the trip, please use the ParentPay system to complete the consent form and make payment. (Please see reverse of this letter for reminder of ParentPay instructions). We only have a limited number of places available, so places will be offered on a first come first served basis. Once all places have been filled, ParentPay will be unable to accept further requests.
Teacher of Chemistry
We are pleased to inform you that Cardinal Hume Catholic School now has the facility to accept online payments for trips and other school activities. Using a secure website called ParentPay you are able to pay online using your credit or debit card. This can be accessed from the School website and you will by now, have received your ParentPay log in. If you are unable to locate this, please contact the school office for assistance.
Making a payment using your credit or debit card is straightforward. Your card details are not retained by the school. ParentPay holds an electronic record of all online payments for you to view at a later date. When you make a payment, an e-mail confirmation is sent to you, giving you reassurance that the transaction has been successful.
As a reminder please follow instructions below
Once you have your login details, the system is quick and easy to use:
- Visit parentpay.com (http://www.parentpay.com/)
- Enter your activation username and password in the Account Login section of the homepage. B. These are for one-time use only, you will choose your own username and password for future access during the activation process.
- Provide all the necessary information and choose your new username and password for your account – registering your email address will enable us to send you receipts and reminders.
- Once activation is complete you can go straight to Items for payment, select which item(s) you want to add to your basket and proceed to complete your payment.
We thank you in advance for your support in using this service to pay for your child’s educational visit.