Post-16 education is voluntary so it is important that you make a full commitment to achieving success on your chosen courses.
This Learning Agreement is drawn up to give you the best opportunity for success.
All students agree to :
- 96% attendance for the academic year ( ie. 5 days of authorised absence only, including family holidays)
- 100% attendance to timetabled Subject lessons, Directed Study lessons, morning registration (8.45am), tutor periods, IAG/Enrichment, Masses and Assemblies
- complete all Directed Study tasks, homework and coursework set by staff and hand them in to meet deadlines issued by staff
- attend timetabled Directed Study lessons fully equipped and ready to work. Students will not be allowed to leave these lessons for any reason
- make good use of non-contact time in school by using the Library, Sixth Form Work Room and Street area to complete work set
- inform and seek advice from your subject teacher, tutor or Head of Sixth Form if you are having difficulty with any aspect of your studies
- accept a shared responsibility with others in the Sixth Form for good conduct in school and for careful upkeep of all Sixth Form areas
- adopt a sensible, mature attitude in relationships with staff
- accept a general responsibility for giving leadership and example to younger pupils and fellow students
- wear the Sixth Form uniform : white shirt/blouse, Sixth Form black V-neck jumper with school logo (to be worn at all times), black FORMAL trousers or KNEE-LENGTH skirt, Sixth Form tie, black sensible shoes, girls-one pair of sleeper or stud earrings, boys-one sleeper or stud earring
- NO trainers, denim, extreme haircuts/jewellery, excessive make-up, facial piercings or expanders to be worn. Extreme haircuts and unnatural colours are unacceptable. Earrings to be worn in ear lobe only. Neutral nail varnish colours only.
- limit part-time work to 10 hours per week.
- not take holidays during term–time.
- accept responsibility to find a week’s Work Experience placement
- abide by all school regulations and ICT Acceptable User Policy
- only consume food bought on the school premises
- all lunches, including packed lunches, to be consumed in the Atrium
- drinks and snacks may be consumed in the Common Room and Street at break time- students have a shared responsibility for the tidiness of these areas
- follow signing in/out procedures in line with Health + Safety Regulations to safeguard yourself and fellow students and pupils in the school
The school agrees to:
- provide teaching and homework for all subjects throughout the academic year
- provide you with 3hrs of timetabled Directed Study to develop your independent learning skills
- provide you with a Tutor who will meet with you to discuss your academic and personal progress in the Sixth Form
- provide you with Modular Assessment Data so you can monitor your progress
- provide Parental Reports on academic progress in the Sixth Form
- provide information and advice on Post-18 Options: Employment, Apprenticeships, Further and Higher Education including UCAS and careers information
- provide enrichment opportunities for extra-curricular involvement in sporting and community activities
- school is open for you to use: Work Room Monday-Thursday until 5.30pm or in a department if supervised by a member of staff
- safeguard all pupils and students
SIXTH FORM PRIVILEGES
These privileges are only available to sixth form students as long as they adhere to this Learning Agreement:
- Common Room –students may use this area for socialising during their break and lunchtimes
- You may use mobile phones in the Common Room
- Lunchtime – Sixth Formers may sign out and leave the school site at lunchtimes
- Students have ICT access to the Library and Work Room for silent, independent study during lessons that are not timetabled and the Street area for quiet study.
- Afternoon Home Study Leave – earn up to 2 periods a week for independent study at home
- KS5 subject specialist resources are available in the Library and Study Room
- Provide you with IAG activities on a Friday afternoon that will develop your knowledge of Progression Routes after Sixth Form and your Transferrable Skills
- Failing to abide by school rules
- Arriving late to morning tutor registration
- Leaving the school site between 9.00- 12.15pm
- Leaving or entering the school site without signing out/in
- Smoking on the school site, entrance, neighbouring hosing, roads leading to school site and public transport to and from school
- Bringing hot, takeaway food on site. Consuming meals in the Sixth Form areas.
- Allowing visitors on site without staff permission
- Using mobile phones and i-pods/MP3 players etc in lessons, in the atrium or around the school site
- Acting irresponsibly in any of the Sixth Form Areas or wider school environment
- Playing cards or gambling on-line
- Misuse of substances
- Breaching the ICT Acceptable User Policy
As a Sixth Form student, I have made a clear choice to continue my education at school. This choice involves obligations from both me and the school. I agree to uphold these obligations.