In these A-levels, teachers use a wide range of teaching resources including books, film, music, websites newspapers and other authentic materials. The library also has a subscription to Foreign Language magazines. You will study the following core content:
- Social Issues and Trends Political and Artistic Culture
- A Film and one Literacy Text
The new changes to A-levels mean that students study for their A-level over two years, taking all exams at the end of Year 13. AS exams no longer count towards an A-level.
|Year 13 Units:
Paper 1: Listening, Reading & Writing
Paper 2: Writing
Paper 3: Speaking
|A-Level French or Spanish (students studying for 2 years):
- Study one or more MFL as a main subject
- Study a MFL in addition to a main subject, such as IT, Business, Science, Engineering, Accountancy, Economics and many more
World of Work
- Speakers of a MFL are in increasing demand
- English alone may consign you to the ‘slow lane’
- Give yourself a cutting edge over your competitors
Careers in languages including Journalism, Law, Business Management, Translating and Teaching.
Careers using a foreign language include business management, law, engineering, science, teaching, civil service and journalism.
- Mrs Wood
- Miss Taggart