Click on the subjects below to find more detailed information.
Cardinal Hume Catholic Sixth Form offers a wide range of A Level and Vocational courses:
A Level Courses
- Art and Design
- Computer Science
- Design and Technology: Product Design (3D)
- English Language
- English Literature
- Core Mathematics
- Mathematics (Further)
- Modern Foreign Languages: French and Spanish
- Religious Studies
OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Extended Certificates (1 A-level equivalent)
BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificates (1 A-level equivalent)
OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Diplomas (2 A-level equivalent)
- ALL A Level courses are linear with ALL examinations at the end of 2 years
- ALL Vocational Courses contain examined components.
- Y12 and Y13 students MUST ENSURE THEY ARE IN SCHOOL TO SIT ALL EXAMS FOR THE COURSES THEY TAKE- IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES REGARDING EXAM PERIODS + FAMILY HOLIDAYS PLEASE CONTACT THE SCHOOL EXAM OFFICER.
The information supplied is current but may be subject to change.
- All ESFA funded education for 16 to 19 year olds will be delivered as a study programme which combines qualifications and other activities, and tailored to each student’s prior attainment and career goals
- Every study programme will have a core aim. For the majority of students, this will be either the study of substantial technical, applied or academic qualification(s) or preparation for employment
- Young people who do not hold a GCSE grade 4 (reformed grading) or grade C (legacy grading) in maths and/or English will be required to continue these subjects as part of their study programme
- All study programmes should include work experience and non-qualification activities, which complement the other elements of the programme and support students’ progress to further or higher education or to employment.