During October half term 2018, there is the opportunity for students to attend a fantastic school trip to New York City. The trip will depart from Newcastle Airport on Friday 19th October 2018 and return on Tuesday 23rd October.
Whilst in New York, pupils will have the opportunity to visit some of the cities iconic attractions such as: the Empire State Building, Times Square and the Statue of Liberty and they will also watch a Broadway show. There is also opportunity for the group to explore in Central Park and we will also fit in some shopping time. The cost of the trip will be £1000 and includes the following:
- Return flights to and from New York from Newcastle
- Airport Transfers
- Three night’s hotel accommodation with breakfast in the centre of Manhattan
- Visits to the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Empire State building and the 911 Memorial
- Tickets to a Broadway show (exact show TBC)
- All meals
If you would like your child to be involved in the trip, I request that a non-refundable deposit is paid to secure your child’s place. This will be £100 and payable by Monday 18th December 2017 to Cardinal Hume School. Flexible payment will be available during the remainder of the school year with the final balance due 12 weeks before departure. It is essential that your child has a valid passport for travel in October. In the unlikely event that we do not meet the minimum number of pupils to travel deposits will be returned.
We are pleased to inform you that Cardinal Hume Catholic School now has the facility to accept online payments for trips and other school activities. Using a secure website called ParentPay you are able to pay online using your credit or debit card. This can be accessed from the School website and you will by now, have received your ParentPay log in. If you are unable to locate this, please contact the school office for assistance.
Making a payment using your credit or debit card is straightforward. Your card details are not retained by the school. ParentPay holds an electronic record of all online payments for you to view at a later date. When you make a payment, an e-mail confirmation is sent to you, giving you reassurance that the transaction has been successful.
As a reminder please follow instructions below
Once you have your login details, the system is quick and easy to use:
- Visit parentpay.com (http://www.parentpay.com/)
- Enter your activation username and password in the Account Login section of the homepage. B. These are for one-time use only, you will choose your own username and password for future access during the activation process.
- Provide all the necessary information and choose your new username and password for your account – registering your email address will enable us to send you receipts and reminders.
- Once activation is complete you can go straight to Items for payment, select which item(s) you want to add to your basket and proceed to complete your payment.
We thank you in advance for your support in using this service to pay for your child’s educational visit.
May I also take this opportunity to remind all parents that it is crucial that those students participating in the trip can be trusted to behave in a responsible and mature way. As the leader of the visit, I have to be confident that those taking part do not jeopardise the safety and enjoyment of the trip for others. Students are also reminded that they will be representing the school during the visit, and it is therefore essential that they behave appropriately. With this in mind, I will be closely monitoring the behaviour in school of those students involved in the visit. If any student is considered to have the potential to jeopardise the success of the visit, then I am afraid that they will be unable to participate and their places will be offered to other students and deposits will not be refunded.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the trip, do not hesitate to contact me at school.
Thank you in advance for your support of what promises to be an excellent visit and opportunity for our pupils.
Miss A. Bone
(Teacher of English)