Following on from the successful visit to the WW1 Battlefields in July 2016, the History Department is delighted to offer your child the chance to gain a deeper understanding of the Holocaust with an eight night, dual centred, study visit to Berlin and Krakow from 4th-12th July 2017 following the story of the Final Solution. This trip has direct links to the Year 9 and A Level Specifications but has much to offer any interested students from Years 9-13.
The trip is being provided by NST, a nationally recognised provider of school trips which has been highly recommended by other local schools. The provisional itinerary would include:
- Overnight ferry to Amsterdam
- A workshop in Anne Frank House (please note Anne Frank House only open bookings two months in advance of a visit and this part of the itinerary cannot be guaranteed or confirmed until bookings open)
- Four night’s full board in Berlin in the Aletto Kudamm Hote,l Berlin. A river cruise, visit to the Reichstag, The museum of Berlin, a tour of the Berlin Bunkers, the Jewish museum and a visit to Wansee House, the birth place of the final solution.
- Coach transport to Krakow and two night’s accommodation, full board at Hotel Alexander near the main square in Krakow.
- A day visit to Auschwitz Birkenau extermination camp
- A visit to the Galicia Jewish museum where the students will meet a holocaust survivor and hear, first hand, their testimony.
- A night of traditional Polish food, dance and entertainment.
- Return via Berlin, to Amsterdam and the ferry home to North Shields.
The cost for this incredible visit will be £750. This includes all meals (including dinner and breakfast on the ferry), entrance to all attractions, travel insurance, and luxury coach travel from school. The tour is being facilitated by National School Travel which has come highly recommended by colleagues in another school. As all other costs are covered in the price of the visit, your child will only need to bring spending money for souvenirs or gifts if they wish to do so.
Should you wish your child to enjoy this study visit, we need a non-returnable deposit of £100 either cash or cheque payable to “Cardinal Hume Catholic School” by THURSDAY 28th September, 2016. This deposit should be handed into Student Reception.
In order to meet the payment schedule set by the travel company, subsequent payments can be made by monthly payments October- April for seven payments of £92.97 on a date in the month which suits you or by cash/cheque to school by the following dates:
Wednesday 23rd November £200 Wednesday 1st March: £250 Monday April 24th:£200
We are pleased to inform you that Cardinal Hume Catholic School now has the facility to accept online payments for trips and other school activities. Using a secure website called ParentPay you are able to pay online using your credit or debit card. This can be accessed from the School website and you will by now, have received your ParentPay log in. If you are unable to locate this, please contact the school office for assistance.
Making a payment using your credit or debit card is straightforward. Your card details are not retained by the school. ParentPay holds an electronic record of all online payments for you to view at a later date. When you make a payment, an e-mail confirmation is sent to you, giving you reassurance that the transaction has been successful.
As a reminder please follow instructions below:
Once you have your login details, the system is quick and easy to use:
- Visit parentpay.com (http://www.parentpay.com/)
- Enter your activation username and password in the Account Login section of the homepage. B. These are for one-time use only, you will choose your own username and password for future access during the activation process.
- Provide all the necessary information and choose your new username and password for your account – registering your email address will enable us to send you receipts and reminders.
- Once activation is complete you can go straight to Items for payment, select which item(s) you want to add to your basket and proceed to complete your payment.
We thank you in advance for your support is using this service to pay for your child’s educational visit.
Should you change your mind about the visit, or have difficulties in meeting the payment deadline, please get in touch with me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your deposit has been received, you will receive medical forms, emergency contact forms, a code of conduct for all students attending school visits, and information about travel documentation. A parent’s evening will be organised nearer to the trip departure to go over final arrangements, answer any questions you may have, and meet myself and the other school staff who will be accompanying your child on the visit. In the meantime, if you have any questions or queries, please email me.
Miss Andrea McGuigan
Head of Humanities and Social Sciences
To read the full letter, download below: