The Humanities Faculty is delighted to offer students from Year 7 – 12 the opportunity to undertake a study and cultural visit to Rome and the Bay of Naples 10th – 17th July 2020. The trip, as well as being hugely culturally enriching, has links to the GCSE History specification where students study the significance of the renaissance, the Y12 History specification on the Reformation and to the Geography curriculum’s study of volcanoes.
The trip will cost £955 and is being organised by Select School Travel, a nationally recognised provider of school visits abroad. This price includes flights from a north eastern airport to Rome, transfers to the hotel in Rome and coach transfers to Sorrento, with students staying on a half board basis. The provisional itinerary will include in the price:
- All flights, taxes, transfers etc.
- Half board stay at hotels in Rome and Sorrento
- A guided visit to the Vatican City, including St Peter’s Basilica, the Vatican Museum and the Sistine chapel
- A guided visit to the Colosseum, Roman forum and Palatine Hill
- A visit to Herculaneum
- A crater walk at Mount Vesuvius
- A visit to Pompeii
- A guided day visit to Phlegraean Fields and shopping time in Sorrento
- A Ferry trip to Capri and laser boat ride
In order to secure a place on this trip, a non-refundable deposit of £100 needs to be paid by 1st May. This is essential as we need to be ready to book the flights as soon as they are released and pay deposits on accommodation. This deposit can be made at student reception by either cash, cheque or ParentPay. You are then welcome to make smaller, regular payments but the deadlines below need to be met in order to meet the payments to the travel agent. Please be aware that places on this trip are limited and will be secured on receipt of deposit on a first come first served basis.
Deposit 2: £155 by 1st July 2019
Deposit 3: £700 by 1st May 2020
We are pleased to inform you that Cardinal Hume Catholic School now has the facility to accept online payments for trips and other school activities. Using a secure website called ParentPay you are able to pay online using your credit or debit card. This can be accessed from the School website and you will by now, have received your ParentPay log in. If you are unable to locate this, please contact the school office for assistance.
Making a payment using your credit or debit card is straightforward. Your card details are not retained by the school. ParentPay holds an electronic record of all online payments for you to view at a later date. When you make a payment, an e-mail confirmation is sent to you, giving you reassurance that the transaction has been successful.
As a reminder please follow instructions below:
Once you have your login details, the system is quick and easy to use:
- Visit parentpay.com (http://www.parentpay.com/)
- Enter your activation username and password in the Account Login section of the homepage. B. These are for one-time use only, you will choose your own username and password for future access during the activation process.
- Provide all the necessary information and choose your new username and password for your account – registering your email address will enable us to send you receipts and reminders.
- Once activation is complete you can go straight to Items for payment, select which item(s) you want to add to your basket and proceed to complete your payment.
We thank you in advance for your support in using this service to pay for your child’s educational visit.
Please note, your child’s place on the trip is dependent upon their continued good behaviour and adherence to the school behaviour policy. If your child fails to live up to the behavioural expectations of the school, the Head of Faculty and Head of House may make the decision to withdraw your child from the trip. No refund will be made in this context, unless a replacement can be found to take up that place.
Once we have received your second deposit, you will receive medical forms, and a school visit code of conduct which will need to be returned. Please note, all students coming on the trip will need to have a valid passport with six month’s validity from the date of departure. Please let me know as soon as possible of any allergies so that I can check these can be safely dealt with when we are away.
A parent’s evening will be organised nearer to the trip departure to go over final arrangements, answer any questions you may have, and meet myself and the other school staff who will be accompanying your child on the visit. In the meantime, if you have any questions or queries, please email me on email@example.com.
Miss Andrea McGuigan
Head of Humanities and Social Sciences